Sunday 13 January 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo? Ha, I laugh in the face of Cristiano Ronaldo!


And I wish I had the right to. Unfortunately, nobody has the right to laugh at Cristiano Ronaldo, even if he does insist on strutting around like he owns Manchester and most of England. The talent of this man is phenomenal, but you can't help but hate him. Especially if you are an Arsenal fan you will know what I mean because he is looking ominous in ruining your title bid. He struts around the football field, WORSE than Thierry Henry used to! He seems to think that cheating is part of the game, but worst of all, he is a pretty boy, and knows it! We have all heard women - wives, girlfriends, mums and sister saying "Ooo isn't that Ronaldo lovely". I don't know about everyone else but it only makes for me hating him. I am jealous, yes, and he knows a lot of people are, but does he have to be so arrogant about it? To compound it all, he scores a hat-trick for United yesterday, and makes it his mission to look as cocky as possible.

Credit to the man, he is probably the best footballer in the world, only Kaka comes close at the moment in terms of consistently amazing performances. He can use both his feet, he reminds me of what I have seen of George Best in his ability on the ball. The way he strikes the ball is an envy to us all and a mystery to goalkeepers everywhere. I just can't hold this niggling feeling that I wish he wasn't so damn good. Or at least that Real Madrid would pay £70million for him instead of spending it on five players who will be sold for half that in 2 or 3 years time. Either way he wouldn't be able to stop Arsenal anymore, which is great for me.

Another thing that makes me want to strangle him and shout obscenities at him from my sofa is his insufferable diving! Why he feels he needs to dive to get his own way, I really do not know. His ability far exceeds his need to dive, proven after he had another dive turned down against Newcastle, and then went on to score a superb hat-trick. It's a shame, because if he didn't dive, I and many others would have nothing but good words to say about him, apart from jealous ones of course. If you ever read this Mr Ronaldo, take note.

Manchester United, as a team though, are looking almost unstoppable. They would have won comfortably yesterday even without Ronaldo, albeit with a smaller margin, I would imagine. Rooney and Tevez look to be the best partnership in the league, which makes me wish one of them was African or something. That way, United would tragically lose one of them to the African Cup of Nations.

The African Cup of Nations is THE single most ridiculously placed tournament in the history of world football. And by the way, why is Samuel Eto'o still playing for Barcelona now, and all the Premiership stars have gone? I do not know what the problem is with simultaneously playing the ACN alongside the European Championships this summer. Or is this just too much for FIFA to cope with? If so, then surely it’s a little easier than sorting all the documentation out with hundreds of clubs, allowing the players to leave for international duty, and if this is a big problem, then what was wrong with last summer? No football, nothing interesting happening, where is the problem?

Please Mr Blatter, consider us poor clubs who need the African players. It also, and I don't mean to make excuses, gives an unfair advantage to teams who don't have vital African players. The argument that teams should not have African players in their teams is absurd because what does this do to African football? It will start to make teams think twice soon about taking them on because they will be away for a vital part of the season. I don't know anyone who thinks that having the tournament now is a good idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fernando Torres whoops his arse anyday.

A few pieces of my mind - basically just stuff I either feel like writing down or think that others should indulge in.