Tuesday 10 April 2007

Welcome

Hello, Welcome to my blogging page. My name is James Warner and i would like to hope i can become a Sports journalist in the future, this is kind of why i have decided to set this up now. I have already written one match report which i will post on here in 1 or 2 days time for everyone to have a look at. My mum works for the PA (Press Association) which may help me to add various contacts and it was suggested to me that i have a go at blogging, so i thought, why not?

A bit more about me, i live in Ramsgate kent but am from nearer south London and i spend most of or a lot of my free time at football matches. I have to admit that i probrably should cut back a bit but why? I enjoy it.

The weekend just gone was another football packed few days, starting with my first visist to manchester and the City of Manchester Stadium or what is now known as Eastlands. Of course this was to see Charlton play, a game which had nil-nil written all over it and i knew it, nearly everyone knew it but we were all determined not to show it. We had some belief, not much mind you. Of course, it did disappoint, with the highlight of the game coming when a Manchester City fan had to be woken up after the final whistle, which just about summed up the whole day, boring tiresome and not really worth it. The only other time i was smiling was when a steward kept repeatedly saying "could you take your seats pleeeeease?" in a highly amusing Manc accent, only for Charlton fans to reply "stand up if you love Charlton" or "if your staying up", or "yeh o'corse mate, where'd you wan' it takin'?"

The next day was not a very succesfull but eventfull day. Being woken by my phone and a friend on the other end asking me if i wanted to go and invade the pitch at Dagenham and Redbridge, and so being the hooligan that i am i of course obliged and we made our way up to Dagenham. We worked out that we would be around 20mins late after kick off but this was not the case, due to unforseen train hiccups (bloody London transport) and an unlicenced taxi driver trying his hardest to charge us 20 quid for a 10 minute drive, we turned up at the ground 15 minutes before the end, then we discover that the game was a sell out, well who would have thought it, the first time Dagenham are going to get promoted to the football league, a sell out??? NEVER!!! I could have killed my mate. We found a side gate and slipped in but nothing much happened until the final whistle. Then i found myself covered in champaigne and being bundled left, right and centre as we invaded the pitch. Good fun it was.

Monday and another football match, a good game, Charlton v Reading, but obviously after the weekend i'd had i could have put my house (if i had one) on it being nil-nil! How could i not see it?? Oh well. There's always next time, as they say. The highlight has got to be after the game when i ran into Alex Song, and Souleymane Diawara! Got their autographs and then saw the Reading team bus leave, minus Steve Coppel who left on his own in his Bentley.

Match report of this game will follow shortly...

1 comment:

Baddaddy said...

Well done James! Of course I can't exactly approve of football, but I think you'll have fun with the blog.

Wonder where you can get some photos? Do you ever take your camera to matches?

A few shots would liven your blog up, and I bet you can link to videos at Youtube or the Google equivalent.

Gav

Gav

A few pieces of my mind - basically just stuff I either feel like writing down or think that others should indulge in.